I could have taken this post in a million different directions, since music is the foundation of the Rock 'n' Roll Camp for Girls. While I briefly considered profiling a Riot Grrrl band/song, I decided on my favorite song from this past summer's session of RnRC4G. The band, The Jailbreakers, is comprised of 9 and 10-year olds who have been to camp at least once before. Although the lyrics in this song are hilarious (and I HIGHLY recommend that you listen to it), what is more important is the way in which the girls work together. Halfway through the video, the lead singer, Audrey, forgets the second half of the song. Instead of falling apart, the keyboardist and band coach pull the rest of the band back together and the song continues. Also, the thoroughness of the introductions of each band member at the beginning of the song is particularly exemplary of RnRC4G bands. Finally, this song proves that you do not have to be a professional, or even be proficient on your instrument, to write a truly catchy song.
Bad Pony
No comments:
Post a Comment