Sunday, November 24, 2013

Queer His/Her/Theirstory Project at the QRC

So! Last year I and a couple of my coworkers at the QRC decided, during national gay and lesbian history month, to try to start an oral history archive of the experiences of queer and allied students and community members at the claremont colleges. I got this idea while taking a Core III class (taught by none other than the one and only Matt Delmont) on Oral History.
Not to toot my own horn, but the project came out pretty cool, and we're still collecting interviews and will be into the foreseeable future. Anyone who wants to partake just has to contact the QRC!

The histories are currently housed in special collections at the Claremont Colleges, and will hopefully soon be made available online.

The other day we did an art installation/interview-listening exhibit with art after hours, and TSL wrote it up here, if you're interested:http://tsl.pomona.edu/articles/2013/11/15/lifeandstyle/4487-qrc-launches-oral-history-project

Also, it's weird I just posted a link to an article I'm quoted in. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment