This is the blog for the American Studies methods seminar at the 5Cs. Students will use this blog to post research materials and evidence related to the type of evidence being discussed each week. Posts should be made by Sunday 6pm each week.
Sunday, October 6, 2013
Burrowed In Brooklyn: A Little Ukrainian Beach Town
I found this little collection of photos taken by Uliana Bazar on "the picture show" from npr: Burrowed In Brooklyn: A Little Ukrainian Beach Town. I love that photos can make you take on a new and often foreign perspective. For one, I think that in composition and color of these photos are really beautiful, but what I appreciate more are that the details and content in them make the viewer feel like they get to know this specific place, community, and the feelings attached to it. I particularly liked the shots of people inside their homes. For instance the kitchen shots stuck out to me (I think food transmits feelings of home in a notable way) as did the picture of the woman skyping with her son, with the large painting of Jesus in the mirror behind it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment